Improving link popularity is very work intensive and it is achieved by many ways like blogging, social networking, forum participation, press releases, broadcasting, social bookmarking etc. but again the most important issue, content comes in to stage. The more content you have on your website, the more links you can generate. Major search engines only value quality links and it’s is not easy job to convince them on the reliability of your site. You will be building more in-links and out-links within your website as long as you have more content.
Before you build linking structure of a webpage, the best thing to do is to think about users of your website and make sure to give them the best user experience as you can, not overwhelming and tricking. Analyse why users would read your content and what else they would be looking to find relatively and direct them to those helpful links. Identify where your target market will be hanging on the web and try to acquire links from those websites relevant with your content targeting those customers.
Google recommends webmasters to use quality links in a page but not more than 100 in the Google webmasters design and content guidelines. The reason behind this is good user experience. A webpage with more that 100 links said to be too heavy for users and as a result of that Google crawlers might not index that page or they would consider those links as spam and don’t follow at all. Especially if the links are hidden, keyword stuffed or directing users to doorway pages might be spammy!
I came out with a list of good link building strategies below which I am going to extend day by day:
1. Build local links within your website, connect relevant contents, anchor texts from one page to another and use relevant titles when tagging this anchor texts. Never use anchor texts like “click here” or any other general expressions. Instead of that use the text itself as anchor text. For example: Instead of “click here for seo services”, use “SEO Services” while giving links.
2. Keep in mind Universal Search Trends. Create videos, books, blogs, applications, images etc., be creative and distribute as much as content as you can over the internet. It will give you more sources to submit your website as a source of content.
3. Submit your website to Google local business centre.
4. Submit your site to DMOZ.org, the largest human edited directory on the web. It may take ages for your site to be considered and listed but it is still one of the biggest source.
5. Follow relevant forums with your topic, participate in forums. It is allowed by forum guidelines, use your website address in your signature. Don’t look sales oriented but try to give helpful comments and look reliable.
6. Use social bookmarking websites to bookmark your content, use relevant tags, description etc. and drive more traffic to your website.
7. Submit your website to local and international directories. Be persistant while using title, description, keywords during submissions.
8. Check the links of your high ranking competitor’s websites and try to gain links from the same websites for your self.
9. Find out directories, forums, social networks for your specific target market and submit your website to those specific channels.
10. Use social networking websites like Facebook. Create groups, invite people to join, submit your content and generate discussions.
11. Join in Twitter, submit your content on Twitter, follow people who can be your prospective clients, comment on their posts and make them follow you. Sometimes when you follow people, you are automatically added to their following list 🙂
12. Create movies and submit them to video directories like YouTube. Be careful to use right keywords, description and a call to action at the end of your movie or in the thumbnails. And of course don’t forget to put your URL in your description or profile info.
13. Submit your website RSS in to RSS readers.
14. Use photo publishing websites like Flickr and generate links to your website with relevant images.
15. Use big trade websites like Alibaba. It will not only create links to your website but also market your products throughout the world.
To be continued…