So, you call yourself an SEO expert, thinking you know everything it takes to improve your website’s ranking? What about what’s not on your website? While onsite optimization is a valuable tool to have at your disposal, even more important is what’s not on your website. Offsite optimization plays just as important technique for your website’s strength, page rank and online reputation. Here’s how to know what exactly the difference is between onsite and offsite optimization and how to leverage your company’s website to its full capacity and potential.

What’s the Difference, Anyways?

Onsite SEO is for most people, the primary focus of their online visibility strategy. Concentrate on onsite SEO and allow it to be 80% of the optimization work you do, with the remaining 20% for offline optimization. Online optimization takes the form of headings (subtitles, titles, etc.), internal links, title of the page, and content of the page. While onsite optimization is everything within your actual website, offsite optimization is everything outside of your website. Offsite optimization includes the various advertising and marketing techniques for your website such as posting a blog article as a guest blogger (including links back to your website), social bookmarking, article submissions and press releases.

Use Onsite and Offsite Optimization for Increased Success

To leverage your SEO success, use both onsite and offsite SEO to improve your online visibility. Once you have your optimization under control with high quality content and the right amount of keyword placement and the appropriate links, be sure to focus your time on offsite optimization. If you do, you’ll be ahead of your competition who may fail to spend their energy knowing how to properly market themselves through guest blogging, etc. Do you want to improve your search engine rankings? Wonder how the competing printing business down the street generates so much more online business than you do? If you aren’t getting ahead in SEO, you’re falling way behind. Don’t limit yourself by what’s inside your website’s content but what’s outside. Commenting on blogs and forums can be an easy way to generate more traffic to your site. Simply choose some forums in your particular niche and get involved in the discussion! Just make sure to understand the advertising rules, otherwise you run the risk of being shut down.

Social Bookmarking – A Powerful Offsite Tool

If your goal is to build as much traffic as possible to your website, then social bookmarking is the greatest offsite SEO tool at your disposal. In a nutshell, your goal here is sharing links to your site and others as a clever way to market yourself and campaign your site. Start by using StumbleUpon.com or Digg.com. Simply activate an account with each social bookmarking site (there are dozens to choose from) and submit your links. In order to start building backlinks, bookmark your own website and get the ball rolling. From there, users can bookmark your pages which will generate more ‘likes’ back to your site and best of all, improved page rankings on Google.

Use both onsite and offsite optimization to generate more traffic, leads and visibility and in no time, you’ll truly be the SEO expert you longed to be.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to toolbar