I’ve had many SEO job interviews and I want to share the most common SEO interview questions to keep some light to those who are getting ready for interviews in this field. My first advice is always be ready for the first question as it is the main step in the beginning of most interviews whether it is in SEO field or not. So here they are:
1. What do you know about our company and can you define who we are?
2. How would you define SEO and SEM?
3. What is your previous SEO history like? Can you give examples of rankings you’ve achieved.
4. What is your biggest mistake and biggest success in SEO?
5. What are the most important initial SEO steps on a website?
6. Which methods would you use for link building?
7. What is your strength in terms of SEO?
8. How would you monitor rankings?
9. Which verticals have you worked on before?
10. Which side of SEO would you like to be involved? Either link building, coding or whatever?
11. What if your client is not open to ideas to make changes on their website, what would you come up with?
12. Which blogs and websites do you follow daily to keep up-to-date and why?
13. Do you know who Matt Cutts is?
14. Which Google products do you use?
15. Which SEO tools do you prefer?
16. How is your copywriting skills? Can you give some examples?
17. Do you use any type of web analytics?
18. What is a pagerank?
19. What is “nofollow”?
20. How do you see the future of SEO?
21. How do you define your HTML hand-coding skills?
22. Why is a site map important and how would you make search engines find it quickly?
23. Do you know anything about robots.txt?
24. What is your opinion about paid links?
25. How would you track the number of outlinks of a website?
I will update this list as I long as I have new interviews coming through so bookmark me for your future needs.